CS 491 Lecture 1 – Hello, 3D
- Install Unity3D and Blender.
- Read the syllabus.
- Watch lesson 1 of the Blender 3D Design Course. (I installed the Chrome plugin Video Speed Controller to make Vimeo videos play faster.)
- Write down 2-3 questions or observations about Blender, 3D modeling, or the course in general on a 1/4 sheet of paper to be turned it at the beginning of the next class.
Welcome to CS 491: 3D Game Development! We start today with introductions. I’ll share a bit about my history with computer graphics and visualization. I’m also curious about you:
- Your name
- If I haven’t had you in class before, where are you from?
- What thing have you made—either of atoms or bits—that you are most proud of?
- What 3D digital thing would you love to make?
I’m never quite sure what to do on the first day. I thought it might be fun to jump into the world of Unity, Blender, and 3D with a trivia challenge that will help you stretch your search-fu and get you acquainted with a broad range of 3D topics.
“I’m back. You’re up, Y”
“Z, what’s left for me?” asked X