CS 491 Meeting 6
We are in the working phase of developing our games, so most of our time will be spent giving weekly progress reports. Here are some questions we will probably ask you:
- What’s the riskiest part left to investigate in your endeavor?
- What three or more specific things will you accomplish before we meet again?
- What unexpected surprises did you encounter this past week?
These questions are modeled somewhat off of Scrum, a agile development framework.
Here’s your TODO list for next time:
- Continue creating your game. Next time we meet, be prepared to engage in a 3-5 minute discussion/demonstration of what you have done so far. Expect to share your thoughts and process as much as your product.
- Instead of watching and reading, I present to you an opportunity to complete the overall task of the semester: write up a 1-2 page description of your game to submit to the poster session at SIGCSE 2017. Write your vision instead of what you have completed. The deadline is October 21. If you email me an abstract this weekend, I can help you find a couple of references that can inform your game design and significance and content sections.
See you then!