CS 347: Lab 17 – Follownet Client
Welcome to lab. Now’s your chance to apply the ideas you read about. Find a partner and complete as much of the task below as you can. Actually, today’s lab is entirely optional. We’ll make it a workday for your project. But here’s an exercise in case you really want one.
Create a barebones client that uses the Follownet web service to do the following:
- Show a dropdown list of all the humans and a checklist of all the humans.
- When a human is selected in the dropdown list, all of that human’s followers are checked.
- When a checkbox is checked, the checked human becomes a follower of the selected human.
- When a checkbox is unchecked, the unchecked human is no longer a follower of the selected human.
document.createElement to dynamically generate elements to which you can add event listeners.
The next step of your learning is to complete the following tasks:
- In your
report.htmlfor project 2, document the endpoints that your service provides. Describe each endpoint’s purpose, HTTP method, path, parameters, any expected body content, and response.
- Look for an email tomorrow pointing you to your peers’ services to review.
- Read the chapter Dynamic Interfaces in All Over the Web. Be sure to follow along with the code samples. Recreate each exercise yourself.
See you next time.