CS 330 Lecture 1 – Introduction, DFAs
- build a language-recognizing machine
- set of states (one starting, one or more accepting)
- input alphabet
- transition function, mapping state and current symbol to next state
- course information
- what if not computers?
- write a short language biography
- build more language-recognizing machines:
- one- or two-digit month numbers
- articles of the English language (a, an, the)
- even binary numbers
- strings of 0s and 1s and an even number of each
- Activate Piazza account. Announce partnership and team name or solicit teammate in a post.
- Play some Adventure or Zork or Leather Goddesses of Phobos.
I say DFA
and then you say, “What Da FA?”
that’s how we learn stuff