A few of interesting challenges I had to deal with were firstly, I made my database really slow by not having only one instance of the data manager. I had to refactor my code so it was faster. I also had some trouble testing some of my features mainly the send text message function because I didn’t want to have to spam my friends phones. Another problem I ran into was getting all the data I needed from the import contacts feature. I had figure out the whole system of how each part is stored for example I had to do multiple calls to contact service to get the name, photo, and phone number of someone.
I learned from this that I should spend a little more time planing how I would save my data before I jump into implementing it all. Since the premortem, I decided to scrap the preferences since it wasn’t really worth much to the app and I did it with a different app. I added ads, decided to release it to the app store and added the ability to text the person.
I am claiming the following blugolds for this app:
1. Integrate a list view with a custom adapter/presentation into an app.
2. Use a local database to persist relational data.
3. Use threading to handle tasks off the UI thread.
4. Localize an app into at least three languages.
5. Formally release an app to the public on an app store.
6. Write an app that interacts with the camera.
9. Content Provider – Got contact data
App store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mehrinjb.jake.iou&hl=en