CS 318 Lab 24 – Workday
There are a few topics I had hoped to address this semester, like these:
- styling a WordPress blog
- a Bootstrap-style grid layout
We will tackle one of these on Monday. Which would you prefer?
Also, after having examined your first prototypes, I’ve added a few extra requirements to the final project:
- All images must be placed in a directory named
- All CSS files must be placed in a directory named
- Styles that are common to all pages across your site should be placed in a single file, perhaps called
common.css. Page-specific styles should be placed in a separate file. In the HTML, you can include both the common and the specific CSS. For example, an HTML page named
contact.htmlmight include the styles in this way:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/common.css"> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/contact.css">
- All files must pass the W3C validator.
I debated about what we should do today. But our time is really fragmented, and students are generally frazzled around this time, so today is going to be another workday. I would have said something sooner, but today is also evaluation day, and if I’d said that today was a workday, you wouldn’t have come.
Here’s your TODO for next time:
- Keep working on your second prototype. I switched the second peer review date to May 10, the last day of class.
- I will be gone on Wednesday to the WI state math teachers’ conference. Bailee will be here. Another workday!
See you next time!