CS 318 Lab 26 – Peer Review
Today is peer review day. You will examine three peers projects and give anonymous written feedback. You will spend 15 minutes examining each site in detail. Look for functional issues. Try to break it by resizing the window and locate weird interactions with links or menus. Look for aesthetic issues. Do the colors fit the theme? Could the layout be improved? And finally, look at the source code. How would you feel if you took over this project? What recommendations could you offer to make the source easier to read?
Here is a list of links to the class’s projects. Find your name. That is your number.
- https://kelseybrown.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- http://yoda.cs.uwec.edu/cs321/students/ehlersmj4814/cs318/prototype2/index.php (src)
- https://farleysm8909.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://rileyj9084.github.io/CS318/prototype2 (src)
- https://gorellak.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://grosskjl2663.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://grossme5161.github.io/CS318/prototype2 (src)
- https://untrustedlife.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://hannaske.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://hayley09.github.io/CS318/prototype2 (src)
- https://ach0261.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://nickjohnston1625.github.io/CS318/prototype2 (src)
- https://jbmoss84.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://lathertb.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://lexamarie25.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://jonathan0606.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://michaeaj1.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://northke.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://travisnyhus.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://jamieorourke.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://quaranpn4020.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://sarknik.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://snelldj.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://swieciam5708.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://thaoamanda.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
- https://zimmerab.github.io/cs318/prototype2 (src)
We will roll a six-sided die to determine which peer you review next. Add the rolled number onto your number to get your reviewee’s number, wrapping back to the beginning as necessary.
Here’s your TODO list:
- The expectations for the final presentation have been posted. We have 110 minutes for 26 or so people to present. Aim for a lightning talk between 3 and 4 minutes. You will be cut off if you go too long, but you will also be evaluated on effective use of your time. Saying little and stopping early is not effective. Say meaningful things. Tell stories.
- I acknowledge that our final exam time is late in the week and late in the day. I suggest that we make the best of a crummy situation by having a potluck. You are invited to bring something to share with your classmates. I will cook something warm.
See you next time!