SCSI 2019: Research Project Ideas
- Create an instrument that sounds like a wind-up music box.
- Create an instrument that synthesizes birdsong.
- Develop a game that relies solely on audio and no visual cues.
- Turn a musician’s actions or inputs into a MIDI file or a score.
- Collect several samples of any sound-producing instrument, and build up the remaining pitches to produce a custom instrument.
- Develop a system for “decoding” music from everyday objects through sensors.
- Design a music generation system using Markov Chains.
- Design a music generation system using L-systems.
- Design a music generation system using cellular automata.