CS 347: Project 1 Rubric
Your project 1 submission will be graded using the rubric below. Your site will be evaluated on five dimensions. For each dimension, I list a sample of the questions that I will use to structure my evaluation. This rubric summarizes but does not replace the full enumeration of project requirements shared earlier.
- Is the content original, not placeholder text or copy lifted from elsewhere?
- Does the site incorporate a form element?
- Does the site include links to other sites?
- Are there the required five separate pages?
- Does the page include a favicon?
- Does the page include an animation?
- Is a
report.htmlincluded that summarizes how the project requirements were met?
Coherence and Contrast
- Are the images appropriate to the theme?
- Are the images appropriately sized?
- Are there strong axes of alignment?
- Is your style maintained across pages?
- Is the spacing clean?
- Does the site include different fonts?
- Is the site designed with the client in mind rather than the designer?
- Does your site appear appropriately on both mobile and desktop screens?
- Is your site arranged in a navigable way?
- Are images made accessible with alt attributes?
- Are external CSS files used?
- Is the site organized into folders as specified?
- Are classes and IDs used appropriately to apply styles at the right level of granularity?
- Are selectors used appropriately?
- Are lowercase filenames used?
- Is the site served over HTTPS on port 443?
- Does port 80 redirect to port 443?
- Does your HTML and CSS pass all validation?
- Is the site created without the aid of other libraries or frameworks?
- Was there a steady flow of commits to Git?