teaching machines

spiegedj – HW3

Thought Processes:

Once I decided what scene I was going to make I searched¬†the internet for some suitable models. I found some good ones and also made a couple of my own. After figuring out the texture mapping, I spend some some time positioning my objects just right. Most of this assignment was similar to what we had already done in class so I didn’t think too much out of the box.

Hurdles: 

My most significant hurdle was the texture mapping. In particular the lander, which I found on the internet, was composed of multiple materials. The only way I could figure how combine the materials into one texture file was use the ‘Export UV Layout Option’. This created a texture map that outlined the edges of model which I thought looked OK so I just left it like that. After that I was stumped for a while because my texture was not showing up, and I was convinced I was exporting from Blender incorrectly. It turned out that the ObjUtilities::Read code was expecting a // delimiter but blender was only using a single / for me for some reason.

Picture:

Homework3

 

Comments

  1. Chris Johnson says:

    Ahh! Not only is this a great scene, but you helped me track down a bug! The single / was okay. I should have been reading indices[1] instead of indices[2] for the texture coordinate. I fixed the code on Bitbucket.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *